Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Immersed in genealogy

We are delighted to have with us Nancy, Leanne's mother and genealogist extraordinary.

So far, the visit has been wonderful. We are all enjoying it and getting better acquainted by the day. Nancy has brought with her books and books on the extended family and loads of pictures and photographs of relevance to the establishment of sufficient information to write a "book" about her immediate family so that this information can be added to the work already done on other parts of the larger extended family.

I don't know what the rest of you out there would do with such a treasure. I for one am going to use her skills and knowledge while I have the chance. In the process I sincerely hope that both Leanne and I will learn heaps about the family.

For those of you who have not tried it, DO try Picassa Web albums as a place to store pictures and Genes Reunited as a place to store and to find ancestors from the UK in particular.

Never tried them before so this will be an experience.

1 comment:

LazKat said...

Hi Peter
Firstly I must comment on the photo of Nancy. It is terrific and reveals how much Leanne looks like her mother.
Secondly, I have been using Genes Reunited for quite some years now and it has been worthwhile. I have been using ancestory.co.uk better access (and cheaper access) to census and other materials. There is a wealth of material out there!
Cheers
Kathleen