Thursday, October 23, 2008

Massage, Fishing, Genealogy and ????

It's not often that I use these pages for an apology to one and all, but I will on this occasion.

I have been off the air now for a few days because parts of my body did not respond well to a massage I received recently. Suffice it to say that I was in agonising pain and thinking that this was neurological pain I just suffered. Stupid me.

Leanne, bless her was smart enough to seek advice. What this has achieved is the intake of some of the pain medication we have available and while not removing this pain in its entirety, it has reduced it to a dull roar, so that I could type this blog entry for example.

All I can say is fantastic and thanks to Joan at the hospice, whose advice has led to this outcome.

As my mind turns to fishing or similar outdoor activities (unlikely, but a nice pipe dream) it can also turn to other activities like genealogy not only for my immediate family on my parent's side, but also for the family of my nearest and dearest.

In other words I will be available again for consultations, visits etc sooner than expected, but will be less available when we receive an important visit from Leanne's mum who is without any doubt the most knowledgeable person in the study of the Sales and Adams genealogy.

I suspect that part of her proposed visit is to gather all the material available and put them together to produce a book. If this turns out to be the case I will be busier than a blue tailed fly!

With summer coming, THAT is busy!

Looking forward to hearing from you all just so I can stay in touch with the real world instead of the world of the past. Though I have to say that with all the sheer terror I feel coming from people frightened for their future because of the financial crisis many of you may be too busy to write or to call - try garpet on Skype instead [grin]

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Who's the good-looking bloke in the photo, then? Dark beard from ear to ear, too. Where and when was that taken, I wonder? Yeah, OK, I know who it is, really.

It's great to know that Leanne was on the ball when you suffered all that pain after the massage. Presumably the masseur/euse was a bit heavy handed in the wrong places. Do yell for help earlier another time! You simply mustn't allow yourself to suffer so much when help is at hand. I hope it settles down of its own accord.

I look forward to being able to contribute re the genealogy, especially when Leanne's mum is with you.

Love,
Kathy