Thursday, October 02, 2008

Come on Down . . . .


This is to inform you all that we have more or less settled in and are generally "at home" for those of you who would like to visit. A phone call in advance would be nice just to ensure that we do not have other plans or that I am OK enough to see people without nodding off. Apparently this is disconcerting to some, as they feel it reflects on the content of their conversation when in fact it's merely the side effect of some of my drugs.

The photos above were taken this morning featuring a small portion of the backyard with Leanne,as usual, looking competent and ready for anything while I have had to crop my photo to show my best features while hiding the bald spot and other aberrations.

I have no idea what other people are doing, but we are going to soak up the sunshine and 26 degree temperatures while we can. To hell with the news from Washington and elsewhere that might even as I type, knock off substantial portions of my superannuation.

There is nothing I can do about it. I can however do something about my vitamin D deficiency by exposing my pale winter blanched skin to the suns rays for at least 20 minutes, after which a nice beach umbrella will preserve me from further harm.

All this and fresh air too.

What are you doing today?

We are told the Romans had bread and circuses to entertain them while Rome burnt, Nero had his fiddle. I guess all we can hope for is something similar if we have access to CNN, that way we can all watch the demise of the American Empire.

Now if only I had a violin, two hands that still work and some talent . . . .

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is just so good to see a photo of each of you. Peter, I shouldn't worry about the aberrations - we all have them to a greater or lesser extent, and you look so much better than I expected.

Just wish I could whizz around the world to see you, but have to preserve my own strength at the moment, and the UK is quite a long way off.

Good on you!

Love,
Kathy