Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Hot News

This is a brief and one off announcement. Following a recent visit to the office of the dietitian I have been advised that my rate of weight gain is too high. Accordingly I am now able to advise my readers that Marmaduke and I will no longer be tethered to one another between the hours of around 7 am and 6 pm.

In short folks, while it is my intention to be with Marmaduke at my side during evenings and nights, my days will once again be free for other things.

As the weather improves and the days increase in temperature it seems that I will be free and hopefully fit enough for daytime assignations.

Seriously for a moment, it means that provided that I am well enough, I should be able do things during the day that were impossible when I had a deadline that required me to be connected to my feeding tube from 2 pm.

I can go on excursions, try fishing in the lake again, find people with similar time frame openings to play cards (just like those old fellers do on the picture post cards from Greece or southern Italy etc.) In other words to be a man of leisure.

I will not be the sort of person who oozes anxiety as I watch what is happening in our and the world's economies, nor will I display anxiety as I read the news and wonder which hell the world is heading for.

No, no my friends all those worries are already behind me.

I look forward to the good times, as well as spending time on the family history, hoping that family in Boston, re-discovered through advice about a 90 th anniversary birthday in that town, will identify at least one family member who has enough time to "download" this matriarch and send me the data that is gathered. In that way I can advance one of my pet projects, putting together as much of the family history as I can so as to provide a legacy for those who remain behind after my demise.

If friends from my past life want to use a lunch time to catch up then a phone call will do the trick to arrange a place and time. The hard part might be to arrange for Leanne to drive me there.

Still, one can but try.

Let's hear from you if you are interested in exploring these new boundaries.

PS I need someone to fish with, that someone being generous enough to help me tie my lures to the line as my right hand is incapacitated.

No comments: