Saturday, October 18, 2008

Kathleen and David.

David and Kathleen paid us a visit today. What welcome visitors they are. I have worked with Kathleen in the past and I hope that those times are remembered as fondly by her as they have been by me.

David, Peter, Kathleen

I honestly cannot recall all of the topics we managed to discuss, but very low among these were the elections in the ACT. Perhaps this was due to the fact that David and Kathleen live interstate from us and so the subject gripping the heart and mind of those living in the ACT did not seem to be as important in their minds as they did, briefly, in ours.

I know that Leanne and I went to the polls at around 10 am and noted that the new rules were in force, preventing anyone from handing out information about the candidates within 100 metres of the polling booths. I wonder if this caused any difficulties for some undecided voters.

Back to our guests. David and Kathleen are really two of the nicest people I know and there are occasions when I wonder how having children has affected them. You see we have not as yet met these children so I call them, 'Phantom Offspring.' I have said to Kathleen and David that I do not believe of their existence. I simply find it difficult to believe that anyone could stay as sane as they both have in the midst of a large growing family. Until I see them, and not just on photos, I choose to remain sceptical.

I think we had a lovely visit and I know that the sunny and mild weather outdoors was really a great backdrop to their visit.

1 comment:

LazKat said...

We really enjoyed your company - as always! Thank you for making us feel welcome. We love the interesting and wide ranging conversation and good humour. Until the next visit ...!