Saturday, October 11, 2008

Monday meeting with the author of Cancer at the Junction - "Snusher" aka Peter Davis

This is a photo of me taken by Leanne outside 'The Boathouse' in Canberra. Behind me is the lake and some residential units around Kingston (I think). In case you can't read the caption on the T shirt it says: "I'm not INSENSITIVE I just don't give a crap'

This certainly was and indeed is the way I have been feeling all day!

My state of my emotional health has been created by both the neurological pain in my right arm and hand as well as the headlines in the Canberra Times that make reference to "Black Friday"

All this is by way of a 'lead in' to the real story of the day, namely that I will finally get to meet "SNUSHER" aka Peter Davis, a fellow oesophageal cancer victim in Canberra who recently wrote in his blog about me and my blog and who has apparently been finding some of my scribbles (probably the earlier ones) useful in his journey with this horrible illness.

The date for our meeting is Monday next and I look forward to hearing about his journey as I have only been able to see snippets on his blog Cancer at the Junction http://www.ecsnusher.blogspot.com

I look forward to this meeting, but I sincerely hope that Peter's journey will not take the by-way that mine has taken.

It's highly likely that one or both of us will report on the meeting, so you can spend your days searching for the differences.

On the other hand, you could just go fishing or do something else that's useful right?

1 comment:

Peter Snusher Davis said...

Yes indeed, my wife Lynne & I are looking forward to meeting the not insensitive Garpet and his most delightful partner Leanne, whom we have come to regard as something of a guardian angel.
This cancer blog that was one of the first resources we turned to after my initial diagnosis in October 2007.
I also stand in awe of Peter's blogging output and prowess and his very powerful goulash wit and a good dose of sarcasm. We share the cancer & Canberra in common and I think there will be other overlapping interests.
To be continued.