Saturday, November 01, 2008

PAIN, GENEALOGY and Cirque du Soleil

It's been a while since I last wrote. Yep, you guessed it, pain.

A couple of weeks ago I had some massage done and it was lovely. Then I had it again and once again it was lovely, then I had another session which I recall as lovely as well. At some point after this though, my right arm started aching more than normal.

We have had this looked at and we think its the pain killing drug I am taking. One of the possible side effects seems to be to cause swelling - oedema I think it's called - in limbs. Since my legs and ONE arm have swollen - its a smallish leap to make this connection. So what to do? In the interim SUFFER - that was written under pain duress - there are other drugs taken for breakthrough pain which I can take four to six hourly. I could of course stop the other drug but that would let through even more pain (go figger)

There may be a hope in the drug's earlier version which does not have the side effect.(No doubt it has others) and do I am not stupid enough to mention its name in the open.

We will see.

Meanwhile genealogy occupies my brain when it's awake and relatively pain free for both my family and Leanne's side.

On my side things are a bit slow, but on Leanne's side may I say in the words of Fats Waller, "The joint is jumpin!"

I joined Genes Reunited the other day - a pommy run site, paid my money, and even this non colonial boy is getting a lesson in organisation. I have had hot flashes from people I have never heard of who may turn out to relatives on Leanne's side. Some have been kind enough to send links to their ancestry site and I have had a wonderful time just starting to look at them and see who we have in my data base and who we need to add. It's simply fabulous!

Speaking of fabulous we went to see Cirque du Soleil - THIS is sheer magic.

It's not often that I advertise places but you simply have to check this out. Try Cirque du Soleil

We sat four rows from the front really in the thick of the action and it was fast and furious. At times I thought we would be part of the show like some poor unfortunate (probably a member of the cast) who was behind us at the start and then suddenly at the bidding of one of the clowns (if I dare call them that they were so much more) he was starting to clamber down over the seats to the end of our row (and we were in seats 9, 10 and 11) from whence action began with the clowns chasing him to do things like read the program etc with more jokes happening along the way.

There were people who did things with a trampoline we never learned at school including climbing walls that from my position must have been at least 20 - 30 feet high.

Then there were the acrobats, the fliers, the tumblers, the jugglers etc. but, what flying, what tumbling and what juggling. Amazing stuff.

Don't just read about it, get up off your well polished behinds and go and see them, they are simply magic and not in Canberra all that long.

(Yeah, go on you sceptics do check the site and just TRY and find any ways in which I am making money from this. Just once I am doing it for the lurve!

No comments: