Sunday, November 30, 2008

Good News

It's not often that we get a Christmas wish provided well before the holiday, but Peter D has managed.

This is what I received in the mail this morning:
Hello all,
I am pleased to advise that after a brief consultation with my medical oncologist [Dr Desmond Yip] last Thursday I was given the all clear and told to report back in May 2009. That now entitles me to use the middle name NED [No Evidence of Disease], which I will do with pleasure!!! Next big milestone will be 05 Feb 2009, the one year anniversary of my surgery. Thank you all for you ongoing support.
--
Email from
Peter NED Davis
Canberra, Australia
What a great message to receive on a bright Sunday morning.

Thanks for making today a great day even better Peter by allowing all of us to rejoice in your battle against the beast.

Alas, not all of us have managed such outstanding success. Still, each day above ground is better than one below it, so nothing to complain about.

All the best to those others who are just heading into the maelstrom of this illness. If you are frightened by what is happening to you and most of us have been there, then sharing is one way to alleviate some of your fears. It may also be a way in which the experiences of those who have and are continuing to go before you can help with information and possibly suggestions you might like to consider. I know that both Peter and I are willing to share our experiences if you wish to ask. So don't be shy, just ask.


No comments: