Thursday, November 13, 2008

Genealogy a treatment for those who are dying

I have spent the last four days totally immersed in genealogy related work.

I have been given some information about Camden Pioneers and from this information together with my data base and a look at BDM NSW (Births Deaths and Marriages) on line, I have been able to find distant family members with the surname of Adams, Roots, Emery, Buttenshaw and all of their links to the S family and of course to each other. I have confirmed stuff I know, changed stuff where the source from BDM tells me I must and adding rounding out things that are interesting.

In other words I have been working hard, but having fun and realising that while we live one life only, by sharing stuff about ourselves we are contributing to the prolongation of memories that others have about us and also ensuring that those who have never known us can get an idea about who we were and how we lived and enjoyed our lives - or not

No comments: