Monday, November 10, 2008

What's Happening?

Hi everyone, it's been a while.

I have not been writing because in all truth the material I want to share is not really suitable for this blog. I want talk about politics, about the financial crisis, change in the world and not the same old same old about me. So from today I will be going BACK to my normal and main blog at Pete's Place

Updates about my illness etc wqill still remain right here but items that I wish to comment on will be placed on the other site.

How is my illness? To be perfectly honest I have no idea.

My oncologist was surprised (hopefully delighted) that I was still around and my doctor from the Hospice was delighted that his suggestions thus far have kept me from oblivion.

I have a lot of oedema in my limbs and pain in my right arm. In discussions about this I have some reading to do about bier blocks and about having a neural block in the arm. Essentially what seems to be proposed is that by killing off the nerves in the arm and the hand the pain will go bye bye as well. Alas what this is also likely to mean is that the arm does not function at all either.

Before I have a completely dead right hand and arm I think I would like to think about the pain and my ability to tolerate it versus having no pain with a dead arm just hanging by my side.

I think I will get back to people about this when I have done all the relevant reading. Off the top of my head I am not sure I can handle a deead hand as the price for lessening of the pain.

Apart from that we have beeb busy with other matters that I wiil now discuss on Pete's Pages.

No comments: