Tuesday, September 16, 2008

From the Hospice

Folks, I am sad to say that I am having to try write to this blog myself for the time being, because a most devastating event has taken place that prevents Leanne from continuing her stirling work.

I regret having to be the one to let everyone know that Leanne's father, Colin Sales passed away on the weekend in what appears to have been a bizarre accident at the family home. What's even worse is that Leanne was the one to find him and so have to deal with trying to revive him, call for help and so on.

I am sure that all of you who have come to know Leanne, will want to send your condolences and best wishes to her.

I guess one way you can do this is via email to me (pgaras@gmail.com) I will pass on your messages as best I can to her.

Of course if you would rather send your message to Leanne's in box (leanne_sales3@hotmail.com) and just send a copy to me you will be able to ensure that she gets a personal copy when she is once again in a position to read and to respond to emails again.

I have access to a terminal from here so I can try, when I am well enough, to read and respond to your mails as they arrive.

The news has other implications for my situation and will mean a more extended stay in the hospice than expected. This however is of far lesser importance than ensuring that Leanne is OK

Col was 83 and probably the heathiest of all the family. An amazing man of many talents who is missed greatly by all of us who had the priviledge of knowing him. Personally I can tell you that the news has left me somewaht shell shocked with disbelief.

More when I can persuade the fingers of my left hand to do some more work.

Peter

No comments: