Friday, December 28, 2007

New Year Ruminations

I would like to take this opportunity to thank all those of you who have wished me well and who have managed to sustain an on going interest in my well being.

Thank you!

I would also like to wish all of those of my readers who have faithfully followed my travails through this illness a very healthy new year!

I am NOT going to wish any of you a prosperous and happy new year simply because I am convinced that these matters take care of themselves, as long as you remain healthy.

The savings on health care costs alone, should bring a smile to your lips and feelings of prosperity.

The fact that you do not have any aches and pains can only enhance the feeling of happiness.

Of course if you remain healthy you may only experience prosperity briefly, for example if you have already contracted the buying bug and indulged in a buying frenzy prior to Christmas and now have to face paying off the massive credit card bills you have incurred.

Of course you may be able to defer unhappiness and enjoy prosperity by being able to indulge in a massive shopping spree you have either already started or are about to engage in through the post Christmas sales.

On thing is certain, if you have managed NOT to catch this consumer related illness then you will certainly be both happy and prosperous throughout the year to come.

Of course there is a flip side to this happiness and prosperity, you may have to suffer the indignity of comments from visitors as they remark on the fact that you have LAST year's entertainment centre, a previous generation of cell phone or, horror of horrors, a computer that is way past it's use by date!

I am of course being flippant.

I wish you all well and all that you wish for yourselves!

Once again - thank you for your interest in my welfare - whether you realise it or not - it is much appreciated.

Have a healthy, happy and prosperous New Year. I hope that 2008 will bring for you all everything that you wish for yourselves.

No comments: