Wednesday, August 15, 2007

The news is IN and it's GOOD

Since my last blast about my situation I have managed to visit my Oncologist and also my GP.

There is now general agreement that since there have been no changes in the neck area - the chances of the abnormal thickening of the tissues there is more likely to be radiation scarring than a recurrence of the cancer. With an endoscopy showing no trace of a recurrence INSIDE the remnants of the oesophagus and the stomach and with all the other organs seemingly normal there is no evidence elsewhere of a recurrence either. The mass in the lung seems to have disappeared so there is some hope that it was an infection that showed up on the scans and blood tests have also shown no elevation of the cancer markers.

In other words at present and for the Lord only knows how long - I appear to be as 'normal' as I am likely to get.

Meanwhile of course there is some residual pain from arthritis etc which is being under some control with mild pain killers and an occasional burst of anti inflammatory medication. I will be changing some medication to reduce even further the acid in my system and this hopefully will also reduce the incidence of reflux and the swelling of the area in the throat where I have to swallow.

When I asked if I could travel or go to work or ?? I was advised to enjoy life to the max. (Hidden behind this of course is the non stated but additional (while you can - 'cause you are likely to be in for a very nasty ride!)

Still, I will take my good news where and when I can get it.

I hope this brings everyone up to date.

1 comment:

dave said...

Bloody brilliant. See you Sunday! ;)