Sunday, September 20, 2009

Funeral Advice

Peter's funeral will be held at Macquarie Park Cemetery, Corner Delhi and Plassey Roads
North Ryde NSW on Tuesday 22 September 2009 commencing at 12.30pm.

I know that most of you reading this will not be able to attend, but for those of you who can do so, it would be wonderful to see you there. (This is the cemetery in which his parents are also buried.)

No flowers please, however, he would like to have found a cure for his cancer and often said that he thought within 5 years of his demise, there would be a breakthrough. So please feel free to make a donation to Cancer research.

I intend to hold a Memorial Service in Canberra in a few weeks and will advise of date and location in the blog and via email or SMS for those of you whose mobile numbers I have.

Leanne

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Leanne, although I didn't know Peter personally, my heart goes out to you at this very sad time. I am in Queensland and am an 18 month survivor of stage 3 esophageal cancer and feel blessed to be NED at present ... and hopefully stay that way. I will miss reading his blog. he fought a good fight to the end ... and I too think that photos are a great thing for memory.