Sunday, December 21, 2008

Plagues on Peter 2

To those of you have read my plaint, thank you for your comments and thank you for your interest. I am currently using version 10 of Dragon Speaking Naturally Preferred. I forked out for the product. Can you all believe that? It's that good.

What's more, I am once again using Pete's Place as my blog of choice as this new software permits me to type quite serious and lengthy notes without too much effort.

What is interesting in this program, apart from the ability to train it to my voice and my accent is the ability to do so using its own toys. For example at present I am using a dictation box that enables me to place all of my comments quickly into a box that is most effective within the program and is most receptive to various changes in accent and volume. Then, using a simple verbal command 'transfer' it does take the text to the program I want it placed in. Generally this is a computer program that is less receptive or tuned into collaborative mode interaction with Dragon Speaking.

There is in addition a thing called 'Dragon Pad', this appears to be a light word processing program into which you can type more serious efforts and then use the command structure within the program to bold, capitalise, italicise, create dot points etc.

All in all this is more than I would normally need however I have found that this is not enough for this program. What it also seems to be able to do is to utilise some of the cheapest merchandise around for example a shareware post-it note package for the production of extremely efficient basic text and of course the word processing, while it does not do a good job in open office it certainly does a good job in Word Pro from Lotus. I wonder if this is because the Nuance people are in bed with Lotus Notes production as well as MS products?

Please note that I'm taking my general blog writing out of the oesophageal cancer space to Pete's Place again now that there is more to say and more to say it with.

I am also using my Skype and Google talk programs to chat with people, face to face if they have time to chat.

And just for good measure - my best wishes to all over the holiday season. May you all be well and then have a healthy and happy new year.

No comments: