Thursday, April 10, 2008

News of the month

To those of my faithful readers who have been wondering whether I have simply packed up to head overseas for a warmer climate or simply packed it in I am afraid I have some simple news - NO I am not packing up and NO I have not packed it in!

My apologies for leaving you all hanging for weeks without commentary.

As many of you know I have had some difficulties with swallowing and with pain management for some time now. I have been receiving advice and assistance from a number of doctors and in spite of following the advice and taking the prescribed medication the overall results have been less than what I would have liked as far as the pain management has been concerned.

Still if that's the best that can be achieved then I will simply have to live with it!

As for the swallowing this has managed to get to a stage where I would like a more hands on look at what's going on so towards the end of this month I will be going for a procedure where once again the snake will be slid down my throat and we will have a look see. Of course I am petrified by the thought of what can be found but then again there is not much choice really and it's better to know than not.

So please have quiet prayer for me - or at least a mini cheer squad and wish me well for when that takes place.

I have spent what amount to sleepless nights working on some new ways to document my family's genealogy and this has been surprisingly successful. Some very interesting lessons have also been learned along the way.

For those who are interested I will be pursuing these themes in my regular bl0g and not here.

Meanwhile of course my contributions to other things has deteriorated to the point where I am ashamed of myself for having given in to pressures and avoided my responsibilities.

I am back though and ready for the fray once again!

I have had the opportunity to catch up with a few people and this has not been a great success because of the difficulties with the swallowing. NO ONE wants someone in their midst who suddenly chokes on a mouthful of food or drink and has to rush off to find a convenient lavatory!

Still - we have survived this too and I am grateful for those who have put up with me and made nice noises about it can't be helped etc.

Thank you.


I now want to avoid any further social commitments until I can get this thing sorted. So I hope people will be understanding and realise that it's not THEM I wish to avoid merely the embarrassment and the inconvenience for all concerned.

Well that's it for now - call me if you get desperate - my voice IS up to speaking on the phone!

No comments: