Saturday, June 10, 2006

Another day

Today is June 10th

Quite a few days have passed since I last wrote. My return from hospital has led to further improvement of my condition and as time has passed more information about what happened.has come to light.

I have found that the cancer has in fact returned - or never really went away and that in spite of the cutting of the tumour out of my system I am afraid that some was left outside the space in which the cuts were made. I am assured that what remains is microscopic and that if radio and/or chemo therapy can be used, then this is likely to mop up what was left. I am also assured that while the nerves were invaded the cutting of the nerves has revealed that it did not spread (or at least get a hold) beyond the sections which were cut out. Since it also did not invade the vascular system there is hope there and of course the cauterisation of the operation site did make it hard for cells to survive.

Had a day of finally being able to walk around the lake again - exhausting, but indicative that at least I am getting some level of fitness again. I have also been able to get a regimen of the heart medication that keeps my heart beat regular without zonking me out.

My stitches have been cut and what remains will dissolve in time and so all I have left to handle at present is the thought that once again I will have to face at least radio therapy for another five or six weeks with all the associated issues that arose last time.

Still I suppose it's better than being dead.

No comments: