Monday, October 15, 2007

Still waiting!

For those who have rung or written to ask what's happening - my answer I am afraid continues to be the same - nothing!

There has been no change in the situation - I have had the PET scan and returned home - there has been no contact from any of the doctors involved about the results. I suppose I could always to the "no news is good news" routine but I am afraid that I suspect that more forces are at play. With Liverpool hospital having lost one of its machines and having a back log of scan that they are doing and analysing I suspect that what's really going on is that the results are caught up in a back log and it may be some time before they are analysed and reports etc sent to my doctors.

So it's a continuation of drugs to try and maintain the barriers to pain - it's a continuation of day after day of trying to put out of one's mind possibilities and it's a continuation of trying to find the best possible times to eat and to sleep without it having a major impact on those around you.

As for the inability to speak with any volume - the check out lady at the local supermarket asked the other day if I had laryngitis.

What a wonderful question!

It meant that she could hear me - albeit with an effort - but at least she could hear me. I told her what the problem was and she was shocked - I don't think she has ever met anyone before who cannot make their vocal cords work!

There are signs that I am starting to cope a little better with my current situation. I have figured out some ways of eating and drinking that cause as little problem as possible and as a result I suspect that I may be able to recover some of the weight I seem to have lost over the last few weeks.

More as it happens.

No comments: