Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Update

I have been receiving some inquiries from people concerned about my welfare urging me to spend more time scribbling a few notes about what's happening to me.

So first - let me apologise for not keeping you informed.

The brief answer to your inquiries is nothing is happening right now.

I have some appointments scheduled to have an endoscopy so that the snake can be slid down my throat and the doctors can see what they can see from inside. If there is anything there then they will take a biopsy and have this analysed and then we will be better informed.

Meanwhile - I have also found a thoracic surgeon who may well be willing to see me however I suspect that the sequence of events needs to be:

a) have the endoscopy and see what if anything this find or adds to the information listing
b) make an appointment with the thoracic surgeon or at least communicate with him about what's been happening and ask for a preliminary interview so that he can become familiar with the situation to this point.
c) to wait until we can actually obtain a new CT scan and see what if any changes have taken place
d) based on the results of this scan have yet another discussion with the thoracic surgeon to see if what is in the lungs needs to be operated on either to find out for sure what it is and/or to remove it - if at all possible and hope that this does the job.

I am still of course communicating with my doctors and there will be a second opinion which I will be obtaining within a couple of weeks from yet another oncologist to see what if any other views can be obtained about the future.

Meanwhile, I am taking my medicines, and occasionally taking a paracetamol pill (pain killer) to deal with the pain in the shoulders that I am currently attributing to arthritis.

I hope that this puts everyone into the picture - at least to the extent that I can provide it.

More as and when events unfold!

No comments: