Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Waiting for vocalisation

Well here I am again folks getting ready for yet another operation. This is supposed to be a small one and just for once they are actually putting something IN rather than taking something out!

Very soon I will have my own genuine piece of technology inserted into my corpus and if it works then the chances are that I will once again be able to speak. Much to the annoyance of all of those who are no doubt delighted that I have been silenced by my illness.

Wonderful stuff GoreTex - or at least so I am told. I remember reading all about it when it came into the market around thirty years ago. A great new material which could give you protection from the rain and YET was porous enough to enable the material to breathe. Thus air molecules could pass back and forth but water molecules could not.

Who would have thought at that time that I would actually be grateful to have my rainware implanted into my neck!

As usual at around these times, I am in a blue funk thinking of all the things that can go wrong and wondering whether or not it would be safer to just leave well enough alone.

I have to say that I have been looking for books about the SAS (either British or Australian versions will do) as a way of bolstering my courage. They have this motto which is something like "Who dares wins!"

I guess life is like a lottery - you have to be in it to win it.

Someone (who shall remain nameless) wished me luck with this operation. I have to say I would prefer a good surgeon with a steady hand and a fabulous track record with these sorts of operations rather than luck.

Or am I missing something?

No comments: