Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Update 6th September

Well part of the news is "IN" the surgeon who performed the operation on my throat has been contacted and he advises that my vocal chords will never recover on their own and that I would be well advised to have the day surgery and get the stuff injected into me so that I can be more comfortable and can get my voice back.

Meanwhile the speech pathologist has rung and advised that she will be asking her colleagues around the world for some more information about this VOX product and get back to me.

I have also left word for the oncologist to get back to me with her views about her views on the subject.

I have tried the new nasal spray and I have to say that at first glance it is not designed to be effective for people with a heart condition.

Bloody HECK! It costs A$52.50 for a tiny bottle of this stuff. With any luck SOME of the cost may be recoverable from my health insurer!

As usual it comes with all the warnings including my favourite, namely that it may not work fully for a while - the speech pathologist has suggested ten days!

Meanwhile of course there is a small matter to contend with, namely breathing!

It is beginning to look like I will have to book in for yet another round of treatment but all the votes are not yet in so stick around for the next exciting episode of this saga!

No comments: